Our sports curriculum is planned and designed for students to develop and enhance skills like strength, speed, endurance, agility, flexibility, control, balance, etc. Sports today has also evolved as a form of entertainment and also offers promising careers.
We at RIMS Junior College believe that hurdles are not meant to break you or stop you. If you run into one, don’t turn around or give up, instead learn how to climb, jump, leap, crawl and figure out a way to conquer it and work around it. Spots Education not only helps physical development, but it also accelerates metal, Social and psychological development. It is like a tiny ripple in the Ocean which has the ability to take on the entire Ocean. We believe in giving our children an Ocean of opportunities that are carefully curated by our dedicated team of Sports Coaches and Sports Collaborations. We do not celebrate sports for a week or a day we indulge in persistent, regular and high-quality Sports education for our children on a daily basis. One of the highlights is our Friday Military Training for our students, where we have experienced military personnel who train our children for endurance, stamina and quick decision making through various military activities. While sports education and Military training are compulsory, students are allowed to choose from the list of outdoor and indoor sports they would like to be trained and coached on.
Here are the few Sports we offer our children to participate in- Outdoor Sports- Hurdle Race, Football, Basketball, Dodgeball, Rugby, Table Tennis, Badminton.
Development area- physical, Social, Psychological Board games like Chess, Carom, Scrabble, Jenga, Mikado, Monopoly, and Business Games.
Development- Social, psychological, Cognitive Some Sports Education and Development Facts:
Impact on Physical Developments:
1) Tougher muscles, bones, and joints.
2) Healthy Heart and respiratory systems.
3) Improved fitness.
4) Decreased risk of coronary heart diseases and diabetes.
5) It helps form new neural connections in the brain, strengthens the prefrontal cortex that is associated with an ability to make better decisions.
Reduces the risk of any brain-related degenerative disorders. Impact on Mental and Psychological Health.
1) Regulates hormones like Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Oxytocin that are directly responsible for mental wellbeing. As a result, children are less likely to suffer from depression, mood disorders or anxiety. They build resilience, self-reliance, community, and empathy in the process.
2) It helps relieve stress, sleep better and eat better.
3) Optimum Cognitive development.
4) Children who undergo sports education are well adjusted at school and at home.
5) They develop a sense of pride, self-esteem, and self-confidence 6) Self-efficacy strengthens.